Thursday, April 26, 2012

How do I go about hooking up 2 monitors to HD6970?

I want to hook up 2 monitors to my HD6970. I have a VGA-DVII adapter that came with the graphics card. I want both monitors to have 'separate' screens in a sense that the 1st monitor will be my main and my second monitor will only show the desktop background until I drag a video or document over. Both monitors have VGA cables. What adapters should I buy to connect the second monitor to my graphics card?|||It depends what inputs you have on your monitor. You quite simply want to use VGA and DVI cables in any combination in anoy outputs to plug them into the monitors as you only had one but do it twice. It doesnt matter what outputs on your GPU you use or what inputs on your monitor you use. Once you have plugged them in boot up and go to control panel in windows 7 or vista. Then go to adjust screen resolution. Use the "Identify" feature to find out which monitor is number one and which is number 2. The you need to select which screen you want as your primary monitor ( the one with the start bar ) by using the drop bown box to select the monitor then the tickbox that says use this as my default monitor then select the other screen and tick the box ( extend my monitor onto this display ) and finish by telling it if the monitor is on the right or left of the primary monito. Dont use any splitters. Ever only use outputs from GPU. it doesnt matter what other adapters you use to get it to your monitors.



Hope this helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment